SPECIAL OFFER - MWC MKIII Stainless Steel MKIII Model with Tritium GTLS Tubes (10 Year Battery Life Quartz Movement)
£149.00 GBP £249.00 GBP
These watches are due to be replaced by a slightly different version in the near future and the remaining stock of this model is therefore reduced to clear.
SKU Code: MKIII/P65ND
The MWC Mk III with a Ronda 715li 10-year battery life quartz movement is a combination of design ingredients taken from the classic 1950s NATO specification watches which were made under UK Ministry of Defence reference 6B/346 Mk XI fused with modern features such as a high water resistance rating of 100m, shatter and scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and tritium GTLS tubes for unbeatable night performance.
The reality is that with current budgetary constraints no modern military forces can afford watches of the quality of even our standard MKIII models when cheaper options can meet the needs but these models were designed based on suggestions from many clients who are either retired or serving military or working in Law Enforcement, Personal Protection or Security.
It's interesting to keep in mind that in the past the world's forces regularly purchased Rolex, IWC, Omega, Longines, and various other well-known brands, unfortunately, those days are long gone. This watch was created to be superior to any currently issued General Service Watch and no expense has been spared to create a superior quality product to offer the best of both worlds from the high-performance modern movement to the brushed stainless steel 1950/60s design case which is manufactured and hand-finished in Zurich. The quality of finish is visibly superior to any current military watches.
The watch has a screw case back and screw-down crown; it is highly accurate and very robust as well as being water-resistant to 100m (300ft).
- Diameter - 38mm exc crown, 40mm inc crown
- Lug to lug: 49mm
- Water Resistance 100m / 330ft
- Luminous Material: Tritium GTLS Tubes
- Movement: Ronda 715li
- Battery Life: 10 Years
- Screw Down crown and caseback
- Shatter and Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal *
- Thickness 12.5mm
- Weight: 73g
- Strap: 18mm NATO
* A lot of people ask us what are the benefits of sapphire crystal over a standard mineral crystal? The answer is that synthetic sapphire is by far the best material for watch crystals because it is very strong and also shatter and scratch-resistant, these characteristics make it very appealing to military and security personnel, police officers, and people who lead active outdoor lifestyles, these groups account for over 70% of our customers. To get things into perspective we find that when clients have accidents with watches resulting in a cracked crystal over 90% usually watches with mineral glass crystals, even factoring in that we use hardened mineral crystals they still do not come close to sapphire for durability under adverse conditions. The reason that sapphire crystals are so strong is that after the sapphire glass is manufactured it is also heat-treated to remove its internal stresses—which can cause weakness—it is then made into the watch crystals and two layers of anti-reflective coating are applied, interestingly sapphire crystal is now used on the latest iPhone. Of course, sapphire crystal comes at a price hence you find that it's normally only fitted to higher-end watches.